We have a very long list of celebrities who are born in Gujarat. They are not only famous in Gujarat but they have their own fan following in whole India. Not only actors but singers and directors are also very talented that they have created their own standards. Here are some of them:
- Paresh Rawal: Paresh Rawal was born and brought up in the Gujarati family in Maharastra. He debuted in 1985. He has worked in more than 100 films till now, including Gujarati, Marathi and Hindi films. Paresh Rawal is one of the best comedians. He is a very versatile actor. He has played some intense roles too. His film Table No.26 is the best example. Recently, he gave a notable performance for Sunil Datt’s character in film Sanju. Indian Government has honoured him with Padma Shri in 2014.
- Dilip Joshi: Dilip Joshi is famous as Jethalal for Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma. This TV show has made him rule everyone’s heart. He has set his own standards in the Hindi Television world. He debuted in 1989 through film Maine Pyar Kiya. He has played supporting roles in hit films like Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani And Hum Aapke Hain Koun…!. He has won many awards and most of them are for Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma’s comic role.
- Darshan Raval: This young singer has a huge fan following. Because of his superb skills, he has achieved a lot at this young age. After participating in a reality show, he started making his solo songs, and then he jumped to Bollywood. His YouTube videos hit millions of views within some hours of release because his songs are heart-touching. It’s been only 6 years and he has given more than 15 hit songs. He has composed and sung awesome songs like “Yaara Teri Yaari”. His soothing song ‘Bhula Diya’ was released on Valentine’s Day.
- Alka Yagnik: Alka Yagnik was born in the Gujarati family in Kolkata. She started singing BhajansC in Akashvani at the age of six. She recorded her first song in 1980 for the movie Payal Ki Jhankaar. After this, she recorded more than 20,000 songs in around 14 languages in over 1000 films. She was honored with Filmfare Award. This ‘Honey voice singer’ became a most-streamed singer on Spotify on Mother’s Day. She is cited as “The Queen Of Playback Singing”.
- Manoj Joshi: Manoj Joshi, a person who was awarded Padma Shri in 2018 is also from Gujarati origin. He has a bachelors degree in Arts. He began his career in Marathi theatre and also performed in Gujarati and Hindi theatres. Manoj has worked in many TV serials, in many languages. He has played comedy roles in many hit films. He debuted in films through the movie Sarfarosh. Recently, he played the role of Amit Shah in the movie PM Narendra Modi.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali: This Gujju has given awesome movies in Bollywood. Sanjay is not only a successful director but also a producer, screenwriter, editor, and music director. In the last 6 years, he gave around 5 super hit films that were either nominated or won the National Filmfare Award. Sanjay is the founder of Bhansali production house. Padmavat, Bajirao Mastani, and Gabbar Is Back are some of his hit movies. He has adopted “Leela” as his middle which is her mother’s name.
- Pankaj Udhas: This Ghazal singer was born in the Gujarati farmer family. Pankaj’s two elder brothers are also associated with singing. He learned to play the Tablas and than took the training of Indian classical vocal music. Parallelly, he developed his interest in Ghazals. So, he stayed in Canada for ten months and conducted many ghazal concerts and then came back with great confidence and released his first album of Ghazals called “Aahat”. He has given more than 35 albums.